In this article we will know what is Multani Mitti Benefits and Side Effects. Multani Mitti is a type of medicinal soil. It has been used since time immemorial for washing hair etc. Even in modern times, it is used for bathing, face pack etc. It is very helpful in curing skin diseases and keeping the skin soft.
Multani mitti has been used for centuries in India, it is considered very beneficial for the skin. Multani Mitti is a form of Hydrated Aluminum Silicate. It is found at a place in Multan i.e. Pakistan, hence it was named Multani Mitti after the place of its birth.
Multani Mitti Benefits
1. The special thing about multani mitti is that it is very good for oily skin. For this, mix rose water and a little sandalwood powder in multani mitti and apply it on the face and after 10 to 15 minutes wash the face with lukewarm water. Be sure to do this once a week.
2. If there is dandruff in the hair then use Multani mitti. For this, mix fenugreek seed paste and lemon juice in multani mitti and apply it on the hair and scalp and wash it after half an hour. If desired, shampoo after this and then apply conditioner.
3. Multani mitti also acts as a cleanser for the skin. For this, mixing it with oatmeal, neem powder, sandalwood, gram flour and turmeric powder and applying it on the face removes all the dirt accumulated on the skin.
4. Multani Mitti tightens and tones the skin and also makes it smooth. For this, mix egg, honey and glycerin in multani mitti and apply it on the face. Wash off with water after 10 minutes.
5. If you have marks of irritation on your face then apply multani mitti. For this, you apply it by mixing it with lemon juice and vitamin E, in a few days the marks will start getting lighter.
6. Multani Mitti proves to be effective in removing dead skin.
7. If you are feeling hot, then apply this paste on your body. It cools the skin.
8. If you want glowing skin, then mix tomato juice, sandalwood powder, turmeric powder in multani mitti and apply. You can apply it twice a week.
9. People who have acne and pimples on their face should apply a pack of multani mitti. It helps to open the clogged pores. Mixing it with neem leaves and applying it on the face ends the problem of acne.
Multani Mitti Side Effects
1. Multani mitti should not be used more than twice a week.
2. Multani Mitti has a cooling effect, so do not use it in cold weather.
3. Those with dry skin should avoid excessive use of multani mitti.
4. If you have to apply then apply this pack with almond milk.
5. Eating multani mitti can cause kidney stone problem.
6. Do not forget to apply moisturizer after applying it, it will keep the moisture in the skin.
Also Read –